Yesterday attended our unit's steamboat session. Didn't really felt like going, but was told to go by my Mdm(Boss). Felt kinda awkward to join in unit events since most of the time I would have given it a miss. Yuwei and Desmond manage to come out with excuses and give it a missed, so I being the "好人" have to be there to show face. So I made my way there, missed a few bus thinking that there is only one bus to the place. Guess it was God's plan that I met a few officers whom told me that actually any bus would be able to go since it's only a bus stop away. Don't really know them personally, but really glad to meet them. And so, we've reached that place "Le Le Pot", went in hoping that I wouldn't get to face the OCs. Was wrong, they were seating so near the entrance, was being called over to their table for some questioning. Really hated the feeling to be questioned over something that I did not commit, this is bad especially when CO and my boss were all present at the table. But decided to take up the blame as I'm gonna ORD soon. It will not be wise for Yuwei to answer for something that he might have done unintentionally since he is still new.
Sometimes I do wonder who am I trying to please? Why do we need to work so hard to please our bosses? I believe all authority in heaven or on earth is given by God, I know that we are called to be salt and light of the world. That's also the motivation that led me to always do things to my best, even though I know that no one really cares as long as you get the job done in SAF.
*And no, I'm not demoralize in anyway, because I know that ultimately God is in control and He shall and will be the judge :)
Galatians 1:10 - Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Labels: Life`